PO Box 115300 | 116 Elmore Hall | Gainesville, FL 32611-5300
Phone: (352) 392-2556 | Fax: (352) 392-4687
Asset Management provides support services to the University community to facilitate the management of tangible personal property held in possession by the institution. Its mission is to establish uniform directives and procedures for accountability and control of state-owned and government-owned equipment entrusted to the care of University employees and to provide quality support services to its customers in a responsible and accountable manner.
The UF Surplus Warehouse offers departmental asset transfers as well as public auctions.
Guidelines for securing media for disposal/transfer and reducing, reusing and/or recycling electronic equipment.
Information on managing your department’s equipment.
Asset Management maintaines two listservs to assist the UF community with asset management.
Asset Management acquires the tags and titles for University-owned vehicles (except IFAS vehicles).
The following online classes are offered through HRS. Register for these classes through the myUFL portal by selecting Self Service/Training and Development:
- PST 502 myAssets
- PST503 Asset Custodian Tutorial
- PST120 Asset Management-Acquisitions
Tools and Resources
- myAssets: Tool used by property custodians and property contacts for managing inventory. Access the tool through the myUFL portal and navigate to Asset Management/MyAssets.
- Foreign Travel: Request for authorization to take University-owned equipment to a foreign country
- Non-UF Facility Certification: Annual certification required to enable an employee to use UF equipment at a non-UF facility
- Property Contacts and Custodians: Provides a list of Property Contacts and Custodians by department
- Corporate Export Control Classification Database: Provides a list of manufacturers and ECCN information
- Un-inventoried Equipment by Department Report