What are our current initiatives?
- Taking pictures of all capital assets using the myInventory app
- Will attractive assets be inventoried by Asset Management?
- No. Asset Management will not be responsible for inventorying attractive assets (equipment less than $5,000 value). It is the Custodian’s responsibility to safeguard attractive and sensitive property owned by their departments.
Asset Relocations, Transfers and Dispositions
- Can a Principal Investigator (PI) take equipment purchased for the PI’s own research when leaving UF?
- If the equipment was purchased with a contract or grant that is transferring with the PI, then the equipment can transfer to the new institution. Equipment can never be transferred to an individual or a for-profit enterprise.
- There is an item on our department’s property inventory that should be part of the building, how do I change this?
- Send the decal along with an explanation to Asset Management to process.
- How can I change or delete items off a disposal or transfer request if the custodian has not approved it yet?
- Go into myAssets under the Tools section and click on My Requests. From there, locate which transaction you need to modify or void and open it up and make your changes.
Federal Property Management
- Who has title to the equipment purchased on a project (including a fellowship project)?
- Ownership of the equipment is determined by the terms of the awards or project. Unless stated otherwise, the funds are provided to UF and the equipment will be titled to UF. When the award is a Fellowship, the student will have exclusive use of the item while at UF but it remains UF property unless the award includes an exception.
UF Surplus – General Inquiries
- A Surplus Pickup request has been submitted and approved but I want to transfer the item to another department. What should I do?
- Notify Asset Management’s Surplus Pick-up scheduler and tell them which survey and/or item you need to void.
- How do I add an Attractive item to Surplus Pickup Request? When I enter the decal number it says not found and when I enter the S/N it says it is a decaled item.
- The best way to approach this is to enter the decal number in the S/N box and then enter the S/N in the comments box.
- Can abandoned property be donated to non-profit organizations?
- No. The Florida Statutes does not allow abandoned property to be donated but can be sold through a public auction. Abandoned property is not UF-owned property and we do not have the authority to donate other people’s property without their consent.
- Can a department sell its surplus?
- No. Only Asset Management is authorized to sell surplus items – departments do not have that authority.
- Can Departments receive revenue generated from Online Auction Sales?
- There are (2) Conditions that must be met to have auction revenue returned to the departments.
- The item sold must have been purchased with auxiliary funds verified by myUFL.
- The department must be an auxiliary department.
IFAS Departments can have revenue returned if it is a Vehicle auction for an item purchased with either Auxiliary or grant funds verified in myUFL.
- I have a completed and approved Surplus Pickup Request form, but we would like to deliver the equipment ourselves. How do we coordinate the delivery with the surplus warehouse?
- When question #5 on the form (Are you delivering the items to the warehouse?) is answered as yes, an edit box for input about the delivery will open. There is also a comments field toward the bottom for additional information.
UF Surplus – PC Shop
- How quickly can I receive equipment from the PC Shop?
- All transfers and donations are documented on an electronic request form, placed into the shop queue and are completed first come first serve. Normal processing is between 4-6 weeks.
- Can we get some ram?
- Yes, IF the shop has it available in our spare parts inventory.
- Can I buy a computer today?
- No, all for sale items are listed on Public Surplus or GovDeals auction websites and currently require 14 days to remain on auction prior to closure.
- Do you offer software support?
- No, presently shop personnel are not trained to support software tech.
- Is there any guarantee or warranty that comes with an item?
- No, all sold items are clearly marked on auction websites as “AS IS WHERE IS”, “NO GUARANTEES OR WARRANTIES ARE IMPLIED OR STATED”.
- How do I see an item I am bidding on?
- Notify a PC Shop employee, and we will be more than happy to get it for you to examine.
- How new are the computers?
- Manufacturing dates vary from 2004-2010.
- Will the computers run Windows 7?
- These machines were designed for Windows XP operating system.
All Other Inquiries
- Why do Auxiliary Depreciation Reports from myAssets come up blank?
- One of the boxes to be filled in may have inadvertently been filled in incorrectly. The Dept. box can be the two-digit college or as many additional digits to narrow down your results to be more specific. The Fund box may be left blank for all funds or enter a three-digit fund to be more specific. The FY box (fiscal year, not calendar year) is a four-digit field. Date is formatted mm/dd/yyyy and should be the last day of the reporting month. Depreciation reports are available to Depts. on the 10th of the following month.