UF GO — FAQ
Don’t see your question answered here? We welcome your questions and feedback. Please complete our feedback form to submit a question or comment to the UF GO project team.
- What is UF GO?
- UF GO is a new unified travel and PCard system through which UF faculty and staff will complete travel requests (previously known as “travel authorizations”), file travel expense reports and reconcile PCard charges.
- Will I still need to login to the myUFL System to reconcile my PCard transactions?
- No, all PCard transactions will live in the new UF GO system moving forward.
- Will I still be able to create travel authorizations and expense reports on behalf of my faculty?
- Yes, the system has a delegate function through which support staff can assist a traveler and/or PCard holder with their travel requests, expense reports and PCard reconciliation processes.
- Is there a preferred browser for UF GO?
- No, the system was designed to work with all available browsers. Chrome tends to be the most commonly used.
- Will I be able to process a group registration, room booking and/or air travel?
- Yes, UF GO can accommodate processing group registration, sharing a room with another person and air travel. Making hotel reservations and buying airline tickets can be done in the UF GO Booking tool.
- Will I be able to make an Avis reservation through this program?
- Yes, you will be able to make Avis reservations in UF GO.
- Will all UF staff have access to UF GO?
- Yes, all UF staff will have access to UF GO through SSO using their Gatorlink
- What are the different ways and platforms from which to access UF GO?
- The system can be accessed via myUFL and through ONE.UF on both web browsers and mobile applications for Android and iOS.
- Who is considered a traveler/pcardholder?
- A traveler is the person taking the trip on official UF Business. The PCard holder is the individual in whose name a procurement (PCard) card has been issued for the purpose of making UF business purchase.
- Who is a delegate?
- A delegate is an employee who is given access to be able to perform work on behalf of another user in the UF GO system. This includes creating and preparing travel requests and travel, PCard, and general reimbursement expense reports.
- Who is considered an approver in the system?
- There are two types of approvers in the UF GO system:
- Supervisor: The individual listed in the Supervisor ID field in myUFL HR data. This role approves travel requests that enable employees to travel on behalf of the university.
- Financial approver: An individual within a department or shared service center that has the authority to approve travel requests, advances, and reimbursements in addition to general reimbursements and PCard transactions for faculty and staff.
- If there is a wrong ChartField, can it be edited?
- Yes, edits can be made to chartfields that have been entered incorrectly in UF GO. A traveler, cardholder, or delegate can edit chartfields as needed while processing a request or report. If a request or report is submitted with the wrong chartfield, the approver can send it back for revision.
- If I have several purchases for non-travel PCard charges that will be using different ChartFields, will I have to create multiple PCard reports?
- No. Charges can be allocated to different chartfield strings on a single report. The chartfield entered on the header will default to all charges and then, it can be changed/split by line item or a group of line items at a time.
- How many delegates can a user have?
- A traveler/PCard holder can have up to 250 delegates
- How will the UF GO system let users know what is acceptable to purchase? Will there be a dialog box or a rejection?
- UF GO will have some travel and PCard policies built into the system that will alert users on allowable and unallowable purchase. Alerts will either be a warning or a hard stop to allow users to make revisions.
- Will this new system, UF GO, apply to DSO’s as well?
- UF Foundation is the only DSO currently in UF GO. Other DSOs are not configured into UF GO.
- Will the rental car contract appear in UF GO?
- Yes, and the applicable rates will appear pursuant to the current car rental contract.
- Is UF GO to be used for regular PCard purchases not associated with travel?
- Yes. All PCard charges will be reconciled and approved through UF GO.
- Will the linking of traveler/pardholder to support staff (delegate) process stay the same? Currently we have to email travel to link us to employees.
- There are two options for linking a delegate to a traveler/pcardholder:
- The traveler/PCard holder can link a delegate to their profile instantly in the UF GO system
- The department may submit a request to the travel or PCard office to add a delegate to a specific traveler/PCard holder. This option may take additional processing time. This option should be used when there are multiple delegates that need to be added to one or more travelers/cardholders.
- As a delegate who acts on behalf of someone else, can I submit their expense reports?
- No, only the traveler/PCard holder can submit the report, however delegates can prepare the report up to the point of pre-submission.
- How will delegates be added in UF GO to the travelers and PCard holders we work on in the current system?
- The UF GO project team will do a one-time upload to assign current delegates to travelers and/or PCard holders in UF GO. Departments will be contacted to ensure accuracy of list
- Would you be able to pay with a personal credit card?
- Yes, a personal credit card can be added to a user’s profile to book business or personal travel through UF GO.
- Can you modify a travel request after it’s been submitted for approval?
- The user can recall the travel request and make corrections as long as it has not yet been approved.
Documentation (UF GO and OnBase)
- Is PDF the only file type for receipts?
- You can upload receipt images up to 5MB in size, and they can be PNG, JPG, PDF, HTML or TIFF files.
- Will OnBase still be used at all or will all documents only be available in UF GO?
- You will be able to access saved documents in UF GO and all documentation submitted through UF GO will transfer to and be accessible in OnBase.
- Can I attach documents to a request after the travel has been entered, approved, and paid?
- Yes, documentation can be added to a request or an expense report at any point in UF GO.