Terms and Agreements
As a student at the University of Florida, I acknowledge and understand that:
- I consent to receive my IRS tax Form 1098-T electronically, now and in subsequent years, via online access to ONE.UF in lieu of a mailed copy. To receive a mailed copy, this consent may be revoked by submitting a signed and dated original completed IRS 1098-T Tuition Statement Paper Request Form to the Bursar.
- UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA FINANCIAL LIABILITY AGREEMENT
I agree to pay all UF debts and charges pursuant to UF policies. I understand that the university is advancing value to me in the form of educational services and that my right to register is expressly conditioned upon my agreement to pay the costs of tuition, fees, and other charges and any additional costs when those charges become due. I understand the university notifies students of debts by UF email. It is my responsibility to view my charges in ONE.UF, or at the location designated by my academic program. I understand that past due student accounts will result in university registration and services being withheld in accordance with university regulations. Delinquent debts may be reported to a credit bureau and referred to collection agencies, or litigated. I agree to pay all costs of collecting unpaid charges, including a percentage based third-party collection fee up to 30%, reasonable attorney’s fees, and court costs the university may incur in efforts of collecting my account. This agreement shall be construed in accordance with Florida law and any lawsuit to collect unpaid fees may be brought in the appropriate court sitting in Alachua County, Florida, regardless of my domicile at the time of bringing such suit.
- If I do not pay any amount of my course tuition and fees, or they are not deferred by the published deadline, I may be withdrawn with fee liability from all courses. If I am withdrawn, I no longer will be eligible to attend and participate in classes or other university activities. I also will not be able to register for any future term until my outstanding debt is satisfied.
- I will be held liable for course tuition and fees for all courses that are on my schedule as of the end of the drop/add period. This includes any adjustments made to my schedule after the drop/add period ends.
- I understand that many unexpected events may cause me to decide to withdraw from UF or to drop a modular course(s) that may have important consequences, both educational and financial. If I received federal financial aid and I complete 60 percent or less of the term prior to withdrawing, I may be required to repay a substantial portion of my federal financial aid, or if I enroll in modular courses and I drop one or all of the courses within the term, I may be required to repay a substantial portion of my federal financial aid. For more information, please read the What You Need to Know before You Go withdrawal policies page on the Registrar’s website.
- Exit Counseling Requirement: Any student receiving student loan(s) and/or Federal TEACH Grant while attending UF must complete an Exit Counseling session(s) when he/she graduates, leaves school, or drops below half-time enrollment. This counseling is designed to assist students with understanding their rights and responsibilities as they apply to their student loan(s) and/or Federal TEACH Grant awards. Please note: Until the Exit Counseling requirement is satisfied, a hold will be placed on the UF student’s account preventing the receipt of academic transcripts, diploma, and other university services. After Exit Counseling has been completed, the exit counseling hold will be removed from the student’s record within 48 hours.
- In accordance with the TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act), requiring certain entities to obtain consent to contact individuals on their cellular telephones, I authorize the University Florida and their respective agents and contractors to contact me regarding any past, current or future financial records at the current or any future number that I provide for my cellular phone or other wireless device using automated telephone dialing equipment or artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages.
01/31/2021: reviewed content
Bursar: (352) 392-0181