Ensuring Employees are Paid Properly
This directive establishes the proper methods of ensuring employees are paid properly and in a timely manner.
Reason for Directive
Department leaders are responsible for assuring that new hires and employee record changes are processed in a timely and accurate fashion by the appropriate staff in their departments. This ensures that employees are paid properly.
Who must comply?
All departments at UF.
- Ensure employee’s human resource records have been submitted and properly approved
- Ensure the employee has been enrolled in the Time & Labor Module
- Communicate departmental expectations to the employee for recording the time worked in a timely fashion, in accordance with the payroll schedule
- Train employees processing payroll on the following:
- Correct use of Time Reporting Code (TRC)
- Importance of ensuring accurate pay, employee leave accruals and balances
- Staying informed via the Time & Labor Listserv for payroll approvers and processors:
Employees with the UF_TL_DEPT_APPROVER, UF_TL_DEPT_PROCESSOR, or UF_TL_DEPT_PROCESSOR_NON_RPTG security roles will automatically receive these listserv messages since it is a dynamic listserv based on these roles
- Approve the employee’s Payable Time in accordance with the payroll schedule
- Navigate to: Main Menu > Enterprise Analytics > Team Content > Human Resources Information > Pay Information > Current Pay Cycle
- Review the following reports to confirm that departmental employees are properly paid and payroll costs have been properly recorded in the General Ledger, with the correct combination code:
03/31/2023: reviewed content
Payroll Services: (352) 392-1231
Academic Personnel: (352) 392-2477
Student Employment: (352) 392-0296
UF Help Desk: (352) 392-HELP