This directive establishes the proper methods adding suppliers to the myUFL system.
Please note: The request for your Social Security Number or other Taxpayer Identification Number by Disbursements is mandated by 26 U.S.C. 6041 and related IRS regulations. If you have questions about the collection and use of Social Security numbers at UF, please visit the Privacy Office’s website.
Reason for Directive
It is important to ensure that all suppliers are legitimate suppliers of the University of Florida. Requests for suppliers to be added to the University’s supplier file will be compared against the U.S. Government Federally Debarred Supplier listing. Any supplier listed on this site is excluded from receiving Federal contracts, subcontracts, and Federal financial and non-financial assistance and benefits.
Who must comply?
All University Departments.
UF Departments must obtain the proper supporting documentation needed for the addition of a supplier. See the “Required Supplier Forms” directive and procedure for details.
Requests for suppliers to be added to the University’s supplier file will be compared against the U.S. Government Federally Debarred Supplier listing. Any supplier listed on this site is excluded from receiving Federal contracts, subcontracts, and Federal financial and non-financial assistance and benefits. A supplier listed on this site will NOT be added to the University’s supplier file if the source of funds to pay the related expenditure is derived from federal sources.
Please avoid the use of generic email subjects such as “Add a supplier” or “Please add”, as it will hinder efficient communication.
Verifying the Supplier was Added
Navigate in myUFL to Financials > Suppliers > Supplier Information > Add/Update > Review Suppliers
- Best practice for searching for a supplier is:
- Use “contains” option with the Name 1 field
- Put one word from the supplier name into the Name 1 field
- If there are no results that match what you are looking for:
- Use “contains” option in the ShortName field
- Put just the first eight (8) letters of the first word in the company name or individual’s last name
- After finding your supplier, please be sure to click VIEW ALL in the Address tab so that all available addresses will appear
- Request the supplier either send you the information required by UF to fax to Supplier Maintenance at (352) 392-0081 with your request on the coversheet or as an attachment, or the supplier can fax the information directly to Supplier Maintenance. If required information is received, you will receive an email confirmation of the addition from the Supplier Maintenance team
07/31/2020: reviewed content
Disbursements: (352) 392-1241
Payroll Services: (352) 392-1231
Supplier Maintenance: (352) 392-0081 or email@example.com