Payments on all financial obligations will be applied on the basis of the age of debt. The oldest debt due will be paid first.

If you cannot access your GatorLink account, email UF Computing Help Desk at or call (352) 392-HELP(4357) for assistance.

Returned Payments

If a check or electronic check (e-check) payment posted to your student account is returned by your financial institution because of insufficient funds or a closed account, the returned payment, along with a service charge ranging from $25.00 to $40.00 (assessed depending on the face value of the returned payment) will be charged to your student account. Returned payments and service charge must be paid by money order or cashier’s check. An email notice will be sent to your Gatorlink email with instructions for clearing the returned amount.

A $10.00 service fee will be charged if the account and/or ACH routing numbers for the e-checks are inaccurate.  Payment for this type of return does not require a money order or a cashier’s check.  An email notice will be sent to your Gatorlink email with instructions for clearing the returned payment.

Payments via Financial Aid

The University Bursar disburses financial aid when the aid has been awarded and scheduled by the Office of Student Financial Affairs (Financial Aid Office) and funds become available. These funds are first applied to applicable charges due on UF student’s account before any refunds are issued.

Federal regulations require all schools to apply your Title IV financial aid funds to “allowable charges,” which are tuition, book deferments, mandatory fees, and housing charges. Some departments input charges to student accounts to consolidate billing. These charges might include parking decals, Student Health Care Center, meal plans, and other miscellaneous charges considered “non-allowable charges” according to federal regulations. Federal regulations also require UF to obtain your authorization to apply your Title IV financial aid to these “non-allowable charges” appearing on your student account.

Federal Title IV Funds

These funds include:

  • Federal Pell Grants
  • Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
  • Federal Teacher Education Assistance for College & Higher Education Grants (TEACH GRANT)
  • Federal Perkins Loans
  • Federal Direct Stafford Loans – Subsidized, Unsubsidized, Grad PLUS and Parent PLUS

Students can grant permission by logging into myUFL and navigating to Main Menu > My Campus Finances > View Student Permissions. Parent PLUS loan borrowers grant permission by downloading the form, printing, completing and returning it to the address on the form. Borrowers may also fax the completed form to (352) 392-3448. Student permissions will remain active until revoked by the student. Parent permissions will remain active until revoked by the parent borrower or if the parent borrower changes.

State, private, and institutional awards and other federal aids will pay all applicable outstanding debts. Permission is not required.