Payments are applied to university “Charges Due” on student accounts based on a priority of paying the oldest charge first.
The University of Florida offers several payment options.
To make a payment by electronic check (e-check), credit/debit card or international payment via Western Union, log into ONE.UF, select “View My Account” under the Campus Finances (Bursar) section, then choose Make a Payment.
Electronic check (EFT/ACH)
A fast, free and convenient method to pay from a checking account.
- Information required: the financial institution’s ACH routing number and the checking account number located on a check
- There is no service charge for this payment method.
Credit/Debit card payments
Credit or debit card payments can be made using American Express, VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card.
- A 2.6 % non-refundable service charge is added to the balance paid on all online credit card transactions.
- The credit card payment will show on the student’s payment card statement as follows: UNIV FL ONLINE PMNT GAINESVILLE FL.
- VISA will show the 2.6% non-refundable service charge separately on the card statement as: CASHN*T Service Fee.
Mail or Drop Box payments
Students can make a payment either by mail or in the drop box with a personal check, cashier’s check or money order payable in U.S. currency drawn on a U.S. financial institution, made payable to “University of Florida.”
- Student name
- Local address
- Local telephone number
Place the payment in the secure drop box located outside the Bursar’s Office located at S113 Criser Hall or mail to:
Bursar, S113 Criser Hall, PO Box 114050, Gainesville, Florida 32611-4050
Mailed payments are considered on time based on the date received by the cashier department, and not based on the date of postmark.
University of Florida has contracted with Western Union via CASHNet to provide international students with an alternative and affordable method of paying their UF student account charges. Western Union offers a competitive rate of exchange for processing payments in many international currencies.
International Checks / Demand Draft
International checks and Demand Drafts must be brought in person to the Bursar’s Office located at S113 Criser Hall for processing.
- All transactions must be made in U.S. currency
- All transactions must be drawn on a bank located in the United States
- If amount is $500.01 or more than the amount owed to UF we will not accept the payment unless it can be applied to a future term. No amount greater than $500.00 will be refunded to the student
- Any refund amount of $500.00 or less will be processed 90 days after the UF receipt date
- Any processing fees and additional cost will be assessed to the student
- If the payment is for a sponsored student, please see the Billing and Sponsors section of this site
- Bank wires are not accepted for student payments
12/31/2021: updated content
University Bursar: (352) 392-0181