Voucher Entry Tips
This directive establishes the proper methods of inputting a voucher.
Reason for Directive
Carefully inputting vouchers ensures accuracy of information in myUFL and minimizes the amount of voucher corrections.
Who must comply?
All UF departments.
- Select Your Supplier Carefully – Pay attention to Supplier ID and their Name
- Check the Buyer Invoice tab to ensure you have the correct remittance address. If not, notify firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invoice Date should be the date on the invoice from the supplier
- Supplier Invoice Number must be entered, as it is needed for the supplier to identify the payment
- Supplier Terms to Use for a Wired Payment – Supplier terms are 30 days. Unless otherwise determined, wires to be paid via US Dollars are paid through Disbursements; wires to be paid via Foreign Currency are paid through Banking & Merchant Services.
- Invoices and Backup Documents – Upload all supporting documentation in myUF Marketplace or to the Voucher in Peoplesoft as an Attachment.
If any of these items are missed and an error occurs, the voucher may have to be deleted and un-posted from myUFL. View more information on directives and procedures for voucher corrections.
An encumbrance represents a commitment, which generally results from the issuance of a purchase order for which goods or services being purchased have not yet been received. Since the goods or services being purchased have not been received, they are not considered a liability and therefore, no legal obligation to pay exists. Encumbrances are deducted from budget balances. This is done as a budgetary control and should not be construed as an actual expenditure.
Purchase Order (PO)
A contract for the purchase of a good or service. The process of issuing a PO ensures compliance with purchasing policies, budget checking for available funds, and encumbering of funds in the University’s budget systems.
A voucher is an online request for payment that holds PO/invoice information and creates a payment schedule.
07/31/2021: reviewed content
Disbursements: (352) 392-1241