Relocating Capital Assets and Attractive Property
Reason for Directive
We must identify and track property to minimize risk due to theft or loss, meet regulatory compliance standards, maximize property usage, and support UF’s sustainability efforts.
Who must comply?
- Enter the new location information in myAssets
- Complete an Off-Site Certification in myAssets before the equipment is removed from campus, if a department is relocating an asset to an off-site location
- Submit a Foreign Travel or Shipping Request through myAssets for any asset that will be transported outside the United States prior to travel
- Consult Environmental Health and Safety before moving an asset that contains hazardous materials
- Take adequate care to prevent damage of an asset by properly packing and covering of asset when moving the asset
- Take safety precautions when moving assets to prevent physical damage to the building or to the employees moving the asset
- If the asset is being assigned to a different reporting unit a transfer will also need to be completed in myAssets using the Transferring Ownership of Assets directive
04/30/2022: reviewed content
Asset Management: (352) 392-2556