unit logo
  1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. General Accounting and Financial Reporting
  4. Journal Entries
  5. Cash Transfers (ONL)

Cash Transfers (ONL)

Directive Statement

Transfer accounts are used to move cash from one cost center to another and at the same time update commitment control (KK).  Note that cash transfers are only possible in cash-based funds.

For appropriation funds, a transfer is processed through a budget transfer. Visit the Budget Toolkit for assistance on how to make budget transfer: Budget & Commitment Control – Learn & Grow (ufl.edu) or email budgethelp@ad.ufl.edu for additional guidance.

Reason for Directive

To maintain the integrity of the University of Florida General Ledger.

Who must comply?

All UF departments.

Cash Transfer Accounts

Transfer accounts come in pairs and should always be used together.  For instance, account 818000 should be used in combination with 571800 and cannot be used with 571100.

The table below shows the most common transfer account combinations.

Transfer Out Transfer In
Cash transfer within the same fund 818000 – Debit (+) 571800 – Credit (-)
Cash transfer between different funds 811000 – Debit (+) 571100 – Credit (-)
Transfer for scholarship 817000 – Debit (+) 571700 – Credit (-)
Facilities and Administration (IDC) transfer (C&G funds only) 812000 – Debit (+) 571200 – Credit (-)

Who Handles Posting Cash Transfer (ONL) Journals?

Contracts and Grants will post journals that debit (charge) Fund Codes 201, 209, 211, 212, 213 and 214.

General Accounting will post journals that debit (charge) all other Fund Codes.

Last Reviewed

Last reviewed on 03/20/2024


UF HR Toolkit – Journal Entry


General Accounting: (352) 392-1326

Email: gahelp@ad.ufl.edu

Still have a question?

View our FAQs