The Human Subject Payments system is a myUFL module that enables researchers or their study team members to request payments for research participants—such as prepaid Visa cards, gift cards, cash—and provides a secure method of recording those payments. To learn more, please explore this website and watch this brief introductory tutorial.
Anyone who pays research participants (other than in-kind payments) will need to use the new system beginning July 14, 2014. Benefits of the new system include:
- A central location for obtaining all cash and cash equivalent type payments for your participants
- A secure database to house payment and participant information, reducing or eliminating data that departments must store
- Elimination of the need to accumulate and transmit payment information to Accounts Payable at the calendar year-end
- Quick turnaround on payment requests
- Improved compliance by the University for required reporting
- The ability to return unused cards to Treasury Management for a refund in certain circumstances
For more information, please contact Treasury Management’s HSP team either by email, Treasury-HSP@admin.ufl.edu, or by phone at (352) 392-9057.