Types of Refunds

  • Financial Aid Refunds
    • Bright Futures and other State Grants
    • Pell and SEOG Grants
    • Student Loans
    • Outside Scholarships
    • Institutional Awards
  • Student Overpayment Refunds

Circumstances That May Prompt a Refund

  • Financial aid exceeding UF Debts
  • Student overpayments (via Check, Credit Card, or ACH)
  • VA33 payment
  • Approved withdrawals from the university after the end of drop/add.
  • Credit hours dropped during drop/add
  • Courses cancelled by the University
  • Account adjustments
  • Involuntary call to active military duty
  • Medical withdrawal (Dean of Students website)
  • Death of the student or member of the immediate family (Parent, Spouse, Child, Sibling)
  • Illness of the student as confirmed in writing by a physician
  • Exceptional circumstances, upon approval of the university president or his designee(s)

A refund of 25 percent of the total tuition and fees paid (less late fees) is available for withdrawal of enrollment from the university prior to the end of the fourth week of classes for full semesters or a proportionately shorter period of time for the summer terms.

Direct Deposit

Students are required to sign up for Direct Deposit to receive refunds. Direct deposits will be transmitted to the banking institution checking account designated by the student. Please complete the online direct deposit authorization by logging into myUFL and selecting: Main Menu > My Campus Finances > Direct Deposit-Student or PLUS. This will ensure your refund reaches you as quickly as possible.

NOTE: Direct deposit is now available for Federal Direct PLUS (Parents Loan) refunds, to parent checking accounts only. Parents will need a parent UFID, which was assigned upon application for the loan. Once parents have the parent UFID, they can go to myUFL, choose “Access MYUFL,” and follow the instructions to “Create Account.” Once the account is successfully created, parents can sign into myUFL using the newly established username and password. Once signed in, select Main Menu > My Campus Finances > Direct Deposit-Student or PLUS to enter your banking information. This will ensure the refund reaches the parent as quickly as possible.

Questions about Direct Deposit? Please contact the University Bursar via email or call (352) 392-0737.

Refunds Due to Withdrawal

Students must follow UF’s official withdrawal policy. Please contact the Office of the Registrar for information about withdrawals.  Students withdrawing who received financial aid, including the Bright Futures scholarship, may be subject to repayment of awards. Please visit the Office of Student Financial Affairs website for more details.

If, as a result of withdrawal, cancellation, or termination of attendance, you may be entitled to a refund of tuition and fees (determined by the University Bursar) or campus housing charges (determined by the Division of Housing and Residence Education).  If you received financial aid, your refund may be returned to the appropriate financial aid program. Any amount remaining after financial aid programs have been reimbursed may be returned to you.