UBI Questionnaire and Certification
The University requires departments to review activities that may be subject to Unrelated Business Income (UBI) through the Annual Electronic UBI Questionnaire and Certification form that can be accessed by clicking “Complete UBI Certification” button.
Campus UBI Processing for FY2021 will begin on or after September 20, 2021.
Deadline to submit:
- UBI Questionnaire and Certification: October 15, 2021
- UBIT FS Template: November 3, 2021
Access to Forms
Step 1 – you will receive an email with departments/accounts selected for annual certification that directs you to complete the certification form, or you will receive an email that includes a link to the certification form because one was certified in the prior year.
Step 2 – The approver for the selected department must certify the responses for the reported activity.
Step 3 – Auxiliary Accounting will review the submission and contact you for any additional information. You will receive a notification email with a UBI determination for the fiscal year.
- If your activity is not subject to UBI, an email notification of the determination will be sent to you for your records and no further action is necessary.
- If your activity may be subject to UBI, an email notification will be sent to you to complete an additional Financial Statement for the activity.
Training Materials from the in-person UBI Training Class are available for your review.
- Overview of Unrelated Business Income Tax 2020
- Step-by-Step “How to Complete UBI Certification on Campus 2020”
- Recorded UBI Training, September 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions are available here.
The University of Florida is required to pay Federal income tax on net income from activities deemed unrelated to the exempt mission of the University.
Learn more about Unrelated Business Income (UBI).
04/30/2022: reviewed content
Auxiliary Accounting: (352) 294-7236
Tax Services: (352) 294-7266