UBI Questionnaire and Certification
The University requires departments to review activities that may be subject to Unrelated Business Income (UBI) through the Annual Electronic UBI Questionnaire and Certification form that can be accessed by clicking “Complete UBI Certification” button.
Deadline to submit: November 3, 2020.
Access to Forms
Step 1 – you will receive an email with departments/accounts selected for annual certification that directs you to complete the certification form, or you will receive an email that includes a link to the certification form because one was certified in the prior year.
Step 2 – The approver for the selected department must certify the responses for the reported activity.
Step 3 – Auxiliary/EBA Accounting will review the submission and contact you for any additional information. You will receive a notification email with a UBI determination for the fiscal year.
- If your activity is not subject to UBI, an email notification of the determination will be sent to you for your records and no further action is necessary.
- If your activity may be subject to UBI, an email notification will be sent to you to complete an additional Financial Statement for the activity.
Training Materials from the in-person UBI Training Class are available for your review.
- Overview of Unrelated Business Income Tax 2020
- Step-by-Step “How to Complete UBI Certification on Campus 2020”
- Recorded Zoom UBI Training (10/6/2020)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions are available here.
The University of Florida is required to pay Federal income tax on net income from activities deemed unrelated to the exempt mission of the University.
Learn more about Unrelated Business Income (UBI).
01/31/2021: reviewed content
Auxilary/Educational Business Activity (EBA) Accounting: (352) 294-7236
Tax Services: (352) 294-7266