unit logo
  1. Home
  2. Knowledge Base
  3. Travel
  4. International Travel
  5. Initiating International Business Travel

Initiating International Business Travel

All UF faculty and staff who plan to travel internationally on university business on or after Jan. 1, 2022, will be asked to read and acknowledge applicable UF regulations, policies, and directives to adhere with this requirement.

Departments will be asked to ensure those traveling internationally on university business provide a signed acknowledgment, which will be attached to the international travel authorization in myUFL. Departments may use the template document that will be provided, or they may adapt existing documents to include the required language for ease of use with their unit’s processes.

This informational video provides further details about the new process, which is outlined below.

Steps to take prior to international travel

A graphic illustrating these steps is available to download, print and share as needed.
Download here.

1 – Travel Authorization

A Travel Authorization (TA) is required for all international travel.

Learn about Travel Authorizations

1a – Policy/Directive Acknowledgement

In accordance with state mandate, travelers must read and acknowledge all applicable UF regulations, policies, and directives while traveling on UF business internationally.

Review Acknowledgement

2 – Export Controls Review

Review the Export Controls guidance and contact UF Research Integrity, Security, and Compliance (RISC) for assistance with export licenses or other authorizations and if you are shipping or transferring physical items abroad or traveling to foreign countries subject to embargo or trade sanctions.

Understand Export Controls process

3 – International Center Registration

All UF employees traveling internationally are required to register with the UF International Center prior to initiating travel.

Learn about Online Travel Registration

4 – myAssets

If you are traveling with UF-owned property, including your laptop, submit a Foreign Travel Request via the myAssets Portal.

Learn about your myAssets Foreign Travel Request