Foreign Visiting Traveler Payments
The UF Travel Office has established a program to assist departments with paying some foreign travelers that are coming to the University to ensure payment is received before departure by the visitor.
Reason for Directive:
This program is allowed in situations where payment could not be made by any other means or would bring hardship to the visitor.
Who must comply?
All UF departments.
- The department must complete (create and approve) a travel authorization. Follow instructions in the UF HR Toolkit – Create a Travel Authorization
- Submit the Foreign Visiting Traveler Payment Form to the UF Travel Office
- The form must be completed and submitted to the Travel office 5 business days prior to the visit to ensure the timely receipt of payment
- Once the Foreign Visiting Traveler Payment form is received, the Travel Office will create the Expense Report (ER) and submit it for approval
- The ER will be created within 24 business hours, and the department will be notified once the ER has been submitted for approval
- Once the ER is approved, the Travel Office will create and submit the Alternate Check Delivery form to email@example.com, and the ER will be paid on the next payment cycle
- The Disbursement Banking area will inform the department when the check is ready to be picked up
If you have any questions, please contact us at (352) 392-1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
07/31/2021: reviewed content
Travel & Employee Reimbursements: (352) 392-1241