Vehicle Tags and Titles

Asset Management obtains the tags and titles for all University owned vehicles.

How to Obtain a Tag or Title for a University Vehicle

Follow all purchasing guidelines for the purchase of any vehicle. Upon delivery of the vehicle, most of the needed paperwork will come to us from the Motor Pool when the vehicle is delivered to them. These dealer supplied documents include:

  • MSO (Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin) – for new vehicles
  • Title – for purchase of a previously owned vehicles
  • Completed application for title in order to obtain a new title for the recently purchased vehicle.

In addition to the above documents, you need to provide the ChartFields to cover the cost of the tag, registration and title.

We will provide a copy of the registration and an insurance pamphlet with your tag. These must be picked up and signed for at Elmore Hall.

Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks to complete all the necessary steps.

Transfer of Title

State tags do not expire. Therefore, when trading in an older vehicle, the tag can be transferred to the new vehicle resulting in cost savings. All titles are maintained in our office.