Recording Cash and Check Deposits in myUFL
Before funds are remitted to the Cashier’s Office, the deposit transaction must be recorded in myUFL.
Reason for Directive
To ensure the timely entry of deposit transactions into myUFL.
Who Must Comply
All University departments.
- Only employees with the security role UF_AR_CASHIER can record deposits in myUFL.
- To obtain this role, employees must take:
- PST021 – Making Deposits in myUFL
- TRM200 – Explaining UF Cash/Check Controls and
- PST956 – Online Journal Entry 9.1
Please note, TRM200 – Explaining UF Cash/Check Controls is recommended for all employees involved in the deposit process, even if they are not entering deposits in the myUFL system.
- Follow the procedures in Remission and Movement of Cash and Checks to prepare the deposit and remit it to the appropriate department
- Follow the steps in the UF HR Toolkit – Deposits to enter the deposit into myUFL
- Include copies of:
- Deposit Transmittal (signed)
- Adding machine tape(s) that agree with the total amount submitted for deposit
05/01/2020: reviewed content
Treasury Management: (352) 392-9057
Cashier: (352) 392-0185