Public Sale of Surplus Property
In support of UF’s Strategic Plan and UF’s sustainability initiative, UF Surplus reuses, refurbishes, and recycles surplus property received from UF departments, Direct Support Organizations (DSOs), Health Science Center Affiliates (HSC), and Shands Hospital. Items include:
- Equipment (computers, laptops, monitors, and printers)
- Scientific and Medical equipment
How to Buy Items from UF Surplus
Sale to Public
Surplus property which is not claimed by UF departments is sold to the general public. UF Surplus sales generate annually over $500,000 dollars, which is used to further the mission of UF.
The UF Surplus Warehouse, at 976 Elmore Dr., Gainesville, FL 32611, is available to the public Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Items for sale can also be viewed on the UF Surplus Website.
Auction of Surplus Property – Public Surplus and GovDeals
A minimum fair market value will be stipulated for the beginning bid price. For all purchases made through auction of surplus property, the purchaser must agree in contract to:
- Return the electronic equipment to UF Surplus in the unlikely event that any sensitive information still exists on the electronic device
- Use the equipment appropriately according to all local, state and federal regulations
- Dispose of such equipment as required by local, state and federal regulations
Please note, the purchaser may be restricted to the number of items that can be bid upon during a specified time period.
“Buy Now” of Surplus Property – Craigslist
UF Surplus has items that can be purchased immediately without going through the auction process. Items are advertised to the public at a fixed price. The items that are listed in the UF Surplus virtual store can be accessed via the UF Surplus Website.
11/30/2020: reviewed content
UF Surplus: (352) 392-0370