University Payroll and Tax Services FAQs
- What is a Balance Account?
- This is your primary account where your funds are deposited. There must always be a Balance account and, although it can be changed, it can never be deleted. If Amount accounts are created, these amounts are sequentially taken out in order of priority i.e. 1 then 2 and the remainder (if any) of your deposit then goes to your Balance account. You cannot delete the balance account.
- How many accounts can I have?
- You can have one Balance account and up to two Amount accounts.
- What is an Amount Account?
- Additional bank account(s) to have specific amount deposited. Amount must be entered in the system. Amount Account may be deleted.
- When I update my account information, when will my edit be effective?
- Your edit is effective immediately. On a non-payday week, changes or additions need to be entered by 5 PM Thursday (last day of the pay cycle) in order to take effect on payday Friday. Changes made during payday week will not take effect until the following payday. Please refer to the Payroll Calendar Schedule to see if you updated your information in time for the next payday.
- I have a Bank of America account and am having trouble logging in to update my account information, what should I do?
- Bank of America has a separate ACH/Routing number that needs to be entered for your routing number versus using the routing number at the lower left corner of your check.
- What does deposit order ‘999’ mean?
- Deposit order ‘999’ means the employee made the change/edit to their Balance account, in My Self Service.
- I no longer work at UF so I do not have access to View Paycheck in My Self Service. However, I need some of my previous earnings statements. How do I obtain these?
- Contact the departmental administrator in the department in which you were employed. The departmental administrator will be able to print the earnings statements for you using the navigation UF Departmental Administration > UF Earnings Statement Print.
- A new employee from our department is on the missing list; how do I create a distribution?
- On the Department Budget Table USA tab (Main Menu/Set Up HCM/Product Related/Commitment Accounting/Budget Information/Department Budget Table USA) choose the Add a New Value tab. Please verify the data to add from Job data.
- Why am I seeing an employee on the missing distribution list that I know already has an existing distribution?
- Be sure to check the department ID (home department) and the employee record # (ER#) that is shown for the employee's job data. This must be exact with what is being used in the Department Budget Table (DBT). It is possible that you may have an existing DBT for this employee that shows a different home department ID than the one that is needed for your current job data.
- In creating an additional pay item in ePAF, how to we go about indicating we want to split charges for this payment?
- You can indicate the split in the employee's Department Budget Table i.e. add lines specifically for just your additional pay items, enter the applicable 3 digit Earnings Account Code (EAC) (see drop down for list), enter 50% to EAC 0012345 and 50% to 0067890. Or if you need the amount to be EXACT, it might be best to set up 2 different ePAFs timed at 2 different pay periods so that exactly 100% of your amount will go to where you will distribute it to in the employee's pay period for that pay period.
- Can I retro additional pay?
- Yes, additional pay can be retroed. You can make corrections to the employee's Department Budget Table for these items. You would include an additional line for this item, in addition to the blank earnings account code field that is used for regular earnings, in the employee's Department Budget Table. You can view a web simulation of how to do this at UF Toolkits.
- I cannot access my W-2 form online, but I signed up for electronic consent.
- Some people have reported that they are unable to view or print the online W-2. This may involve either your web browser configuration or not having a current version of Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer. If you are unable to view and print your W-2 form, please try the following before contacting the UF Helpdesk (392-HELP or email@example.com).
Your Pop-Up Blocker may be turned on. There are two ways to turn off the Pop-Up Blocker:
For Internet Explorer
- 1. Hold down the "CTRL" key when you click on "My Self Service -> View W-2/W-2c -> YearEndForm" hyperlink. Continue holding the key until a new page appears with your W-2 form.
- If you click on "My Self Service -> View W-2/W-2c -> YearEndForm" and your W-2 form does not appear, you must disable your Pop-Up Blocker. On your Task Bar, go to "Tools", scroll to "Pop-Up Blocker," and choose "Turn Off Pop-up Blocker." Then, click on "My Self Service -> View W-2/W-2c -> YearEndForm" again for your W-2 form.
- Is it too late to consent to receive my W-2 form electronically?
- Generally, if you consent after January 22, your paper W-2 form will still be mailed to the address on file in the UF Directory. However, once you provide your consent, you can view your W-2 online as soon as it has been generated. You must have myUFL access to view your W-2 electronically in My Self Service.
- I terminated from UF during the year, but I've moved and have not provided UF with my new address. Can I get my address updated in time to receive my W-2 at my new address?
- Inactive (terminated) employees should complete a Former Employee Address Change Request Form (http://hr.ufl.edu/wp-content/uploads/forms/recruitment/former_employ_address.pdf) This form will only change your address going forward.
- If you submit your address change after the W-2s are generated (typically, by January 20th), your W-2 will still reflect your old address.
- If you submit your address change before the W-2s are generated, your W-2 will reflect your new address.
- It's February 10th, and I have not received my W-2 for last year. How can I request another copy?
- Please allow sufficient mailing time to receive your paper W-2. All printed W-2s are mailed on the last business day in January for the preceding calendar year. If you have not received your W-2 within a reasonable delivery time, you may request a duplicate copy by completing a W-2 or 1042S Duplicate Request Form and forwarding it to University Payroll and Tax Services. A printed W-2 copy will be sent as you have indicated on the request form.
- I am still employed by UF, but I moved to a new address. How can I change my address for W-2 purposes?
- Active employees can update their local home mailing address in myUFL using the navigation Main Menu > My Account > Update My Directory Profile. However, if the address change occurs after the forms are generated, your new address will not be reflected on either your online or paper W-2.