W-2 Information

W-2 forms are available electronically to active employees who have consented and are generally available sooner than the printed forms. Printed W-2s are mailed by January 31 for the preceding calendar year.

Active Employees

Active UF employees can provide consent in myUFL to electronically retrieve their W-2s for the preceding calendar year. Log in to myUFL (my.ufl.edu) and navigate to Main Menu > My Self Service > Payroll and Compensation > W-2/W-2c Consent. Employees can provide their consent and quickly retrieve their W-2s as soon as they are available. In addition, employees can access all prior UF W-2s since 2005.

Former Employees

Most former employees maintain access to consent and retrieve their W-2s electronically, based on having another UF affiliation. Printed W-2s for inactive employees who do not provide electronic consent are mailed to the local home mailing address in the UF Directory by January 31 for the preceding calendar year. Former UF employees may update their mailing address by completing the Former Employee Address Change Request form, providing for more timely delivery of any mailed year-end tax forms.

Requesting Duplicate Forms

If you would like to request a duplicate form, please complete a W-2 or 1042S Duplicate Request Form. For security purposes, W-2 forms cannot be faxed internationally. However, they can be mailed to a foreign address.


If your name is misspelled on your W-2 form, please bring a copy of your Social Security card to University Payroll and Tax Services, located at Suite 1250 in the East Campus Office Building. We will update your name as it is shown on your Social Security card and reprint a W-2 form. However, in order to update your Directory Profile in myUFL, students must contact the University Registrar. Please refer to the Registrar for more information. Non-student employees must notify Processing and Records in the Office of Human Resource Services.

Variations from Year to Year

Does your W-2 look different than last year? A few factors that may cause variations from year to year include:

  • Lump sum payments and other types of additional pay
  • Every 10th year, a biweekly pay cycle results in 27 paychecks. In 2009, for example, 27 paychecks were issued, while 26 paychecks were issued in both 2010 and 2011—the typical number for employees who are paid on a biweekly pay cycle
  • Changes you have made to your IRS Form W-4 during the calendar year, which impacts your federal withholding tax
  • Changes in tax laws or tax withholding rates implemented by the IRS


Box 12, Code DD
The Affordable Care Act requires employers to report the cost of coverage under an employer-sponsored group health plan. Reporting the cost of health care coverage on the Form W-2 does not mean that the coverage is taxable. This reporting is for informational purposes only and provides employees useful and comparable consumer information on the cost of their health care coverage. In general, this amount includes both the portions paid by the employer and by the employee.

Box 14
The numbers in Box 14 of your W-2 represent Internal Revenue Service code sections.

  • 125 – All before-tax deductions to health, life, dental, vision, flexible spending and other qualified plans
  • 132 – Before-tax parking deductions
  • 401a – Employee contributions to the FICA Alternative Plan
  • 414h – Mandatory retirement contributions. The FRS requires all members to contribute 3% employee contributions. These contributions, as required by s. 121.71(2), Florida Statutes, are treated for tax purposes as employer-paid employee contributions (commonly called an employer pick-up) under Internal Revenue Code section 414(h)(2).

More information on these Internal Revenue Code sections may be found on the IRS website.

Temporary Hires

If you are a temporary hire, you should be contributing to the FICA Alternative Plan through VALIC in lieu of OASDI (Social Security) taxes. If you are not contributing to this plan, as shown by a 401a amount reported in Box 14 of your W-2, please contact University Payroll and Tax Services at (352) 392-1231 or email us at taxhelp@admin.ufl.edu.