Journal entries are entered for internal business transactions. These transactions can be for cash transfers, expense to expense (E2Es), expense to revenue (E2Rs), deposit corrections (DPCs) or internal service providers (ISPs). This section will help you enter a journal, as well as, show you how to do add an attachment, change the date or journal source, delete, print and reverse a journal.
Please note that the last day to submit journals at the end of the month is 3 full business days before the last business day of the month.
- myUFL Toolkits: Journal Entry
- Prior Fiscal Year Expense Corrections
- Deadline to Create Journal Entries
- Add an Attachment to Budget Journals and Transfers
- Add/Delete an Attachment
- Change the Journal Date
- Change the Journal Source
- Delete a Journal that is not Posted
- Print a Journal
- Reverse a Journal
Proper security needed to enter journals:
- E2E/E2R: UF_GL_END_USER or UF_AP_APPROVER
- DPC: UF_GL_END_USER or UF_AR_CASHIER
- ONL, ISP or UPL: UF_GL_END_USER
If frequently entering large journals (6 lines or more), it may be easier to import the journal. UF Training and Organizational Development offers PST957 (Spreadsheet Journal Import 9.1) and provides instruction guides via the myUFL Toolkits.