Auxiliary and Service Center
“Educational Business Activities” represent a number of revenue-generating activities, depending on the source of revenue and its relation to the educational process and its clients. Educational Business Activities encompass the following activities: Auxiliary Enterprise, Auxiliary Enterprise – Other, Recharge Center, Service Center.
Educational Business Activity Documentation/Procedures
- Request to Operate and Educational Business Activity (Auxiliary)-Standard ($20,000 or Greater in Annual Revenue)
- Request to Operate and Educational Business Activity (Auxiliary)-Short ($20,000 or Less in Annual Revenue)
- Implementing and Maintaining Auxiliary Usage Rates
Year End Accrual Requirements
Educational Business Activities with annual revenue in excess of $1 Million are required to submit year-end accrual and quarterly accounts receivable information.
Service Center Rate Review
UF annually reviews the rates of qualifying Service Centers to determine if they meet the required federal cost principles:
- Service center with annual internal revenue above $1,000,000.
- Service center with annual revenue from Federal grants above $200,000.
- Service center with revenue from Federal grants above $50,000 that were not reviewed in the prior year.
Service center rate review materials