Core Office Toolkit
A commitment is reflective of the promise of time/effort made to the sponsor. This time can be designated to specific terms throughout the life of the project without concern for an absence exceeding 90 days, accepting that some minimal amount of effort (less than 1%) will be devoted throughout.
- How Do I Correct Commitment Begin Date?
- How Do I Add a Job Appointment to a Commitment When It Appears the Selection Is Not Available?
- How Do I fix a Commitment that was entered on the Wrong Appointment?
- How Do I Add a New Commitment?
- Commitment Guidance for RAs
Effort certification is the reporting of an individual’s activity spent for a particular semester. It is the reconciliation between what the employee actually did and the payroll charged, along with the commitments and the courses reviewed. Anyone who teaches, is paid on a grant project, is committed to a grant project, or is a faculty member title is required to certify effort. It is the core office responsibility to review and support this process with all departments with the University.