Waivers are a non-cash method of satisfying all or a portion of tuition and fee costs.
Information about these waivers is available in State University System of Florida Board of Governors Regulation BOG 7.008. (…This link is updated…)
Paperwork from the appropriate agency must be submitted to the University Bursar at S-113 Criser Hall at the start of the term for the following:
- Deceased Law Enforcement, Correctional, or Correctional Probation Officers Employed by the State or Political Subdivision
- Deceased Firefighters Employed by the State or Political Subdivision
- Florida Department of Children and Family Service Adoption
- Florida Department of Children and Family Service Foster Care
- Florida Linkage Institutes
- Deceased Teacher or School Administrator Employed by a Florida District School Board
- Intern Supervisors
Paperwork from the appropriate agency must be submitted to the Office of the University Registrar for the following:
- Acceleration (High School Dual-Enrolled or Early Admission)
- Purple Heart Recipients
- Florida Residents 60 Years of Age or Older
The department will submit paperwork for the following:
- School Psychology Training Program
Graduate Assistant and Fellow Waivers
Waivers authorized through the UF Grad Letters of Appointment file for Graduate Research Assistants, Graduate Teaching Assistants, and Fellows will be automatically entered into your student account. Questions concerning the Letter of Appointment file or a graduate or fellow wavier should be directed to your department or to the Academic Personnel .
Employee Education Program
University of Florida employees may find information about tuition waivers on the Employee Education Program. section of UF HRS’s website. Santa Fe College employees may contact their HR department.
UF Department-Awarded Waivers
UF departments awarding waivers will submit the waiver information to be posted to your student account. The awarding department should be contacted with any questions.